Sunday, April 17, 2016

God Wants To Help You

"Commit everything you do to the LORD. Trust Him, and He will help you." Psalm 27:5
Some people have God all wrong. They think He is this big bully in the sky waiting for them to mess up so He can strike them down. OR on the flip side, they think He CAUSES the bad stuff in their lives in order to teach them lessons.
Can I just tell you this... those things are both wrong. 
Keep reading, I will try to explain. 
God wants us to live for Him, that's true. He wants us to commit everything in our lives to Him, because He loves us and already has a plan for our lives. 
He already KNOWS we are going to mess up stuff. We are born with a sinful nature because of the fall in the Garden of Eden. Nothing we do surprises Him. He does want us to live for Him, but He's not up there waiting for you to mess up so He can harm you.
Living for God does not guarantee that we won't have trouble...but here are a few promises we can count on:
"It is better to be godly and have little than to be evil and rich. For the strength of the wicked will  be shattered, but the Lord takes care of the godly." Psalm 37:16 & 17
"The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail in their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the LORD holds them by the hand." Psalm 37:23 & 24
"Look at those who are honest and good, for a wonderful future awaits those who love peace." Psalm 37 37
You see, if you are living for God, He will take care of you. He will provide, protect, and prosper you. He does not cause people to get sick, lose their jobs, or break up families.
He wants to HELP YOU!IMG_2494
However, He will not force Himself on anyone. God loves us, but He wants us to love Him back. On our own. Other wise, He would have just created robots to fill the planet with.
Are you trying to live life by yourself? Or on your own terms? Have you mistakenly accused God of hurting you? That's ok. Now is your chance to turn that around.
In 1996, when I lost my twin boys, I used to tell people, "God made me lose them so I would come back to Him." What loving Father would do that to His child? Break my heart and expect me to turn to Him?
No, my body caused me to lose the twins and God pulled a Romans 8:28 out, and turned it around for my good. He gave me the peace I needed to live through that ordeal, and He pulled me close to Him. I RAN to Him and have never looked back.
I just read two prayer requests on Facebook for people are hurting, one with a three week old baby and the other with a 26 year old son. Life is full of hard things. But we've got a GREAT BIG loving Heavenly Father who wants us to come to Him and let Him help us through it all.
Will you do that too? Whatever you are going through, turn to Him.
God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment