Saturday, April 16, 2016

Do You Love Yourself?

John 13:34, "As I have loved you, so you must love one another."IMG_2491
I wrote about you being yourself yesterday. Today, I want to ask you, do you love yourself? If you are being you, which you should, do you love you?
I have struggled with this for a long time. I used to not love myself. It was for stupid reasons too. I lived for years not feeling good enough for people...like I didn't measure up. I didn't fit THEIR expectations of who I was supposed to be.
God made each of us unique and special. He is the only person we should be worried about when it comes to pleasing someone or living up to what He's called us to.
It's hard to love other people when you don't love yourself. How can you receive God's love for you and let it ooozze out of you if you don't see your value?
You can't help others see how much God loves them and tell them how valuable they are if you aren't believing that truth about yourself.
We can not give people something we don't have. So, it's time to love who you are so you can give that love to others.
ALSO, know this truth... if you don't love yourself, or something about yourself, you are putting God down. You are saying there is something wrong with what He created. He gave you everything you have. Your hair color, your body shape, your gifts & talents.. along with the family He placed you in. You have that DNA for a reason. (Even if your birth parents didn't keep you. Their DNA has a reason for being in you. Then, God gave you an adopted family to place other things in you.)
Try loving yourself. Realize that Ephesians 2:10 is the truth, you ARE God's masterpiece created for good works. Because you are.
Once again, as my friend/ Zumba instructor says, "Love yo self, love yo self, love yo self."
I haven't really asked him why he ends class that way...but if I were to guess, I think we should be doing Zumba for us. We shouldn't be exercising to try to please anyone. Like some dude who told us we were over weight. Whatever. If we love us, we take care of us, and for me, part of that includes Zumba.
You are the only person on this planet with everything you have. People always say we have a twin somewhere in the world. While that might be true, that person does not have everything you do. You are special!
Will you please start believing how special you are? I sure hope so.
God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment