Friday, April 15, 2016

You Be You

"Enjoy what you have rather than desiring what you don't have. Just dreaming about nice things is meaningless - like chasing the wind." Ecclesiastes 6:9
Have you ever struggled with comparing yourself to someone else? I know I have. My problem even stuck with me for years. And to be completely honest, I still do it from time to time.
The above Scripture really hit home this morning about comparing ourselves to others... even though he didn't say that exactly. If we are desiring what we don't have, chances are, someone we know has it, therefore, we are comparing ourselves to them.
Then, I read Christine Caine's devotional. Don't you just love how God works?
Her focus Scripture was Galatians 6:4, "Each one should test their own actions. Then they can take pride in themselves alone, without comparing themselves to someone else."
Uh hello! I hear ya, loud and clear, Father!
No one's life is perfect. It's just not possible. We tend to see what they are doing through a very small window and we think that's their whole life...so we think they have it made. People will show you what they want you to see.
Jon Acuff wrote a blog post this week talking about this too. 650 reasons you should stop comparing yourself to other people. He mentions a CEO of a company and how we can not compare ourselves to someone who has worked longer and has a ton of employees to help him do his job. 
Our enemy wants to keep us comparing ourselves to others, because that keeps us upset, and striving for something other than God.
[Tweet "God has a plan and a purpose for each of our lives."]We just need to yield to it, and stop trying to make things happen on our own.
I am a prime example of this when it comes to dating. I have tried to make things happen, and they didn't work. At this point, I am yielding to God for Him to lead and do whatever He wants to. I might stay single forever. Only God knows. But this girl learned her lesson. I can not compare my dating life to anyone else's. It's MY journey, and that's THEIR'S. 
If you struggle with this, please listen to me. You are good enough, you are smart enough, you are handsome/pretty enough, and you are loved. Let God heal what needs to be healed and stop comparing yourself to others. That's only hurting you. God doesn't like to see you hurting. 
God bless you today and always.IMG_2480

No comments:

Post a Comment