Tuesday, April 26, 2016

A Hero's Journey

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD. "Plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
IMG_2660
God has a plan for all of our lives. He gifted us and equipped us with what we need to follow that plan as well. 
The conference I attended this past weekend, even though I had trouble, was nothing short of amazing. Our "host" was Jerrod Murr. He has one of those voices that I could just listen to all day long. (Clay Shaver does too.)
Jerrod, along with his friend Ryan Eller own Paradigm Shift. They are speakers who go around doing camps and other things. They have a podcast called "Live Your List". They both think that we should all live life to the fullest!
Jerrod Murr
Jerrod opened up the conference by calling us to adventure. I am going to do the same for you.
What are you called to do that you aren't doing? What are you passionate about? What has God placed within you that you KNOW is from Him?
Jerrod said, "We have a mentality to chose hero or victim. It's our mentality, how we think. Victims shame others: either their success or their mistakes. They shame themselves and shift blame to others. Victims deny and quit."
He also said, "Everyone is a leader." At first, I wanted to disagree with him. But then I remembered something I've learned... we ALL should have someone below us that we are helping in life. Whether spiritually or whatever. We should all also have someone ahead of us, guiding us. It's a great way to live. So, in this case, you are a leader if you have someone under you who is learning from you. If you have children, that's the first place to start. If not, you've got family and friends, and I guarantee you that someone looks up to you and watches what you are doing.
Realize this, you are a hero! If you have made it through the junk, you are a hero. Here is a picture of what heroes go through:
What hHero's journeyas God called you to do? Who needs you to be their hero? 
Maybe you just need to be a hero for yourself. That's ok. It's time to step out in faith and follow God's calling. Will you join me?
I am getting ready to launch a Facebook community. I want to connect with you guys that read my blog. If that's something you would be interested in, please let me know. Especially those of you over seas.
God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment