Wednesday, April 27, 2016

No Longer Orphans

Ephesians 1:5 NLT, "God decided in advance to adopt us into His own family by bringing us to Himself through Jesus Christ. This is what He wanted to do, and it gave Him great pleasure."

God has adopted us into His family. Adoption has been heavy on my heart for years. I really want to adopt a little girl and pray that I have the chance one day. When I see people who are following God's lead and doing what He's called them to do, I am so inspired.
Andy Lepper is one of my inspirations! He came out on stage to music and dressed like a wrestler. He's such a goof! He has a great ministry called "No Longer Orphans." His testimony is very inspiring! I will just be scratching the surface with this post.
Andy was invited to serve in India by someone, but he didn't want to go. Over time, God moved in his heart, and he now lives in India 10 months out of the year.
Andy's talk at Launch Out Conference was about the real fact that our "hustle", our ministry if you will, is not always about ourselves. He said, "When you have dreams and share them with others, you can make a difference in someone else's life."
He also said, "It's fine to be focused, but know that there are other people who will be blessed by what you do. God can use it and affect others. You never know what you are being prepared for."
IMG_2534One of the reasons I love the people in these Facebook groups I'm in, is because they get me. If you remember, it wasn't too long ago when I wrote about the real reason I write. It's not for me. It's for you, the reader... and to honor and glorify God with my gifts and talents.
AndFullSizeRender (16)y has written a book and he is always willing for ministry groups to come to India and serve with him. He and his wife run an orphanage full of 45 boys. They have chickens, goats, and more! You can find him at No Longer Orphans. He even has a way for you to partner with them and care for a boy in the orphanage for only $10 a month. Go to Project 450 Partners They take every one in they can get, and they do not age them out. He's got three 19 year olds right now. 
If you listen for God's calling, and follow what He's calling you to do, you can change the world! Just like my friend Andy is doing.
God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment