Monday, April 25, 2016

When All Hell Breaks Loose

"Praise the LORD! For He has heard my cry for mercy. The LORD is my strength and shield. I trust Him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving." Psalm 28: 6-7
Blog pic
Last Thursday, I left for Atlanta on an epic adventure. If you have followed my blog for long, you know last summer I went to Nashville and attended a conference called "Launch Out". Well, this year, Randy Langley has put together three conferences in three different states. Atlanta was this weekend.
Thursday went off without a hitch. I drove my friend Joyce's SUV, and we had a good trip. 
Friday, when I went to get cash from an ATM machine, it told me to contact my bank. I wasn't sure what was going on. When my card was declined at the parking lot thing, I knew something wasn't right. I had money in my account.
I called the bank only to find out that my account was compromised. Someone spent money at a Walmart and it wasn't me.
I really really really dislike sneaky thieves who take advantage of people. I mean, seriously. I work part time and if it weren't for my child support, I would be homeless. I am not someone that has much to take.
Saturday morning, my daughter calls and she can't find her dog. For six hours, from 3 and 1/2 hours away, I worried and was in communication with her, only to get a phone call with her crying that she found her dog dead. 
I GIVE UP!
But God. Don't you just love that sometimes... there are many times in the Bible when bad things happen, and the writer says, "But God...." and tells you something amazing that happened.
Saturday night, all of the Launch Out attendees went to eat together. In the midst of the noisy room, a wife of one of my friends came and sat next to me. She doesn't "do computers", but her husband told her what all had been happening.
Oh, you know, just me and few friends.
Oh, you know, just me and few friends.
She said, "The Holy Spirit told me to come pray for you. Lean into God. You are being attacked for a reason. Do you mind if I pray?"
Mind? NOPE! I welcomed the prayer. Her words washed over my soul like fresh water. She rebuked satan and his schemes. She told him to leave me alone. And she strengthened and encouraged me by asking God to continue to work and move in my life.
When all hell breaks loose on you, you have a Heavenly Father right there waiting to pick you back up and help you through.
Satan does not want us to do the things God has called us to do. He will throw stuff at us, pull the rug out from under our feet, and just be bothersome to distract us.
NOT TODAY DEVIL!
I see his plot, and I refuse to fall into it. I am standing firm on God's love, mercy and grace. I will not let these bad negative things get to me.
This is how I handle when junk happens in my life. How do you handle bad things happening? I hope you run to God. Because, He's always right there wanting to help you.
God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment