Saturday, March 5, 2016

What Do People Say About You?

Acts 4: 13, "The members of the council were amazed when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, for they could see that they were ordinary men with no special training in the Scriptures. They also recognized them as men who had been with Jesus."

The Scripture above is in reference to when Peter and John were going into the temple, and they healed the lame man at the temple gate. Acts 3:6, "But Peter said, "I don't have any silver or gold for you. But I'll give you what I have. In the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene, get up and walk!"

So, Peter and John did this awesome healing miracle, and the religious folks didn't like it. They put them in jail over night for it! Even after being in jail, Peter was bold and spoke the truth.

Do we do that in every day life?

We don't have the threat of being put in jail for speaking the truth about Jesus. (Not yet, anyway.) 

What would someone say about you? Can they tell you are a Christian by what you say and do in every day life?

This "council", if you will, could tell that Peter and John were not "religious scholars". Now, in their day, they knew the Old Testament. They learned it as boys. However, if you didn't pass their test, you weren't allowed to be a Priest. 

Peter was a fisherman. A low life, scum of the earth, stinky fisherman. But they saw something in him because he had been with Jesus.

Can that be said of us? 

At this point in my life, I honestly don't care what people say or think about me. I live for God. Period. NOTHING is ever going to take that away from me.

And here is exactly how I feel about it... if people don't like how I live, they don't have to be my friend. I do get my feelings hurt, and it would hurt me, but I would be ok because I know in my heart that I am living the way God intended me to.

God is first in my heart and life. I talk about God A LOT, I'm told. LOL 

Isn't that what He wants us to do? Tell people about the great things He's done for us? 

Please don't get me wrong. My life is far from perfect. I have a rebellious teenager, my foot has been killing me for a while now, I have a knee that's popping (my friends keep telling me that's just old age), I have too many pets that I have to take care of... I could keep listing things, but I won't. You see what I mean.

In spite of my responsibilities as a single mom, God is my first love. He's before the children I gave birth to. Because I love and adore Him in the way we should.

I love and adore my children. I always say they are my heart with arms and legs, because they are. I don't know what I would do if anything ever happened to one of them. 

I am reminded of the old DC Talk song, "Jesus Freak". "What would people say if they hear that I'm a Jesus Freak. What would people do if they find out it's true. I don't really care if they label me a Jesus Freak, there is no denying the truth."

I agree whole heartedly!

Call me what you will... I live for God. I don't care if I'm different. Aren't we called to be different anyway? Salt and light to this dark world? 

Salt adds flavor and light shines the way to God.

Don't be afraid to be different. Don't let the world keep you from loving God the way God has called you to. Don't let anything stop you from the calling/ gifts God has given you. Don't let your friends and family scare you into silence. If you feel the Holy Spirit telling you to do or say something.. DO IT!

God is with you and He will never leave you. He will give you the boldness you need like he gave Peter and John. 

God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment