Thursday, March 3, 2016

God Is Our Dream Giver

Genesis 50: 20, "You intended to harm me, but God intended it all for good. He brought me to this position so I could save the lives of many people." NLT



Last night at church, our regular teacher was out of town. You've seen me write about Mrs. Laurel before. She's awesome. She asked my best friend Stephen to speak in her place.

He did a GREAT job. I wanted to share his message with you. Especially all of the people in Jon Acuff's groups on Facebook... you hustlers and dreamers! This is for you!

God is the dream giver and the dream restorer!

In Genesis 37 the story of Joseph's life begins and all that he went through in life is recorded.  He was given two dreams by God, which caused his brothers more jealousy than they already had for him. 

God gives us dreams, but sometimes our dreams are shattered.

Here are Stephen's main points:

Your story is part of God's story

Your dream is a big dream that can override everything else and bring God glory.

God goes with you. He never leaves you or forsakes you.

Our best is for the Master. Just like Joseph always did his best as a slave or in jail.

A plan is unfolding and someone is watching you. You might be the only Bible someone reads. More people watch when we are going through the hard times. 

Come back isn't about PAY BACK. Let God handle that.

Salvation for others: Our struggle is for someone else's salvation. God's job is to use our circumstances for His glory. We can relate to other people's pain and God is always positioning us for someone else's salvation.

You know that one of my dreams is to be a New York Times best selling author. Another dream of mine is to adopt a little girl. I believe these are God given dreams, and in His timing, for His glory, they will happen.

Until then, I'm allowing Him to do what He needs to in my life. And, I believe He will fulfill these things because He is the dream giver! 

I thought being divorced would cause me to not be able to adopt..I found out that isn't true. So, when the time is right, that's a dream of mine that God is restoring.

What's your dream? Has it come true yet? I would love to hear about it.

God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment