Sunday, March 6, 2016

Motivating In Love

Hebrews 10: 24, "Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works. 25 And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of His return is drawing near." 



Being a Christian means many different things. First and foremost, it means you've given your heart and life to Jesus. You believe that He died on the cross for your sins and rose on the third day. You are believing in and living for Him.

Second, it means you've entered into a new family. It really is a family. With all of the drama and twists and turns of a blood family. 

However, the body of Christ, us, the believers, ought to try to do a little better than blood family. I know, I know, you are thinking, "Blood is thicker than water. I will stand by my family no matter what."

That's exactly my point! Jesus blood makes us family. Therefore, as a family, we need to stick together.

Like the Scripture above, we need to motivate each other in acts of love and good works. This means encouraging each other. What are your Christian brothers and sisters doing that you can get behind?

Let me give you a great example. The groups I am in on Facebook are proof. Recently, I've gotten more involved in a fitness group. I personally know ONE person in that group. We used to attend church together. I have never met the other people. But they are some of the most uplifting encouraging people. I write about my fitness journey and they help. I was excited to find out that I lost 4 pounds yesterday, I posted about it and they all cheered me on.

That is what we should be doing with fellow believers. It's not about pointing out their flaws or telling them what they are doing is wrong. It's about encouraging them to live the Christian life the way God wants us to.

Do you know someone who is struggling with their prayer life? Offer to help, and of course, pray for them.

Do you know someone who is struggling with going to church? (I mean, struggling to go. Not just that they miss a Sunday here or there.) Encourage them to come with you. I know for most people church puts a bad taste in their mouths. They hear messages on money, and think the church is trying to guilt them into giving. Tell them about verse 10 that I posted above. God wants us in a church family. I don't know what I'd do without mine. My church family has helped me so much over the 5 years I've been at Providence.

There are many things we as Christians might still struggle with, cussing, drinking, and over eating a few that come to mind. Encouraging someone in positive ways and praying for them can help them stop those old habits.

God loves us all. He wants us to do what He's asked us to, and He wants us to be in fellowship with other believers. 

Motivate someone today! Encourage them, lift them up. You will be glad you did. It's such a blessing for you when you do.

God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment