Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Where is your hope?

Psalm 62: 5 NLT, "Let all that I am wait patiently before God, for my hope is in Him."

I am in this awesome group on Facebook where we read Scripture and pray together. My friend Jodi runs it. It's called "Love God Greatly".  I am really starting to enjoy reading Scripture and meditating on it, or breaking down what it means to me right now.

The Scripture posted above is one I had to read yesterday for the group. I did not read it until this morning and it really moved my heart.

We all find ourselves waiting on something at some point in our life. There are many different things we could be waiting on. 

I believe that God does hear the desires of our hearts and that He will give us those if they are in line with His will for our lives and when His timing is right. 

One thing I am waiting on and praying for in particular came to mind as I read this,and that is a relationship with a Godly man. 

I feel like God is telling me to wait patiently before Him, because all of my hope is in Him.

Hope is defined as "A feeling of expectation and a desire for a certain thing to happen".

If all of my hope is in HIM... then things will work out just like they are supposed to.

I don't put my hope in MYSELF or another human being.

We tend to get off track with hope sometimes. There are people who play the lottery hoping to win big, but they aren't paying their bills first. 

This reminds me of a song. The lyrics are "My hope is built on nothing less, than Jesus blood and righteousness. I dare not trust the sweetest frame, but wholly trust in Jesus name."

Where is your hope?


Is it God? Why or why not?

I have been let down by people before. So, I try not to put too much hope in them. God has never let me down. He will never leave or forsake me either.


He will do the same for you!

I pray that you are able to give God whatever you are waiting for and let Him give you hope that it will come about in His timing.

God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment