Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Ways We Stop God

Jonah 1:3, "But Jonah ran away from the Lord and headed for Tarshish. He went down to Joppa, where he found a ship bound for that port. After paying the fare, he went aboard and sailed for Tarshish to flee from the Lord."


There are times in our lives that God is trying to work and move. But we stop Him.

I know it sounds crazy, but we can stop God sometimes.

You see, God has a purpose and a plan for all of us. I believe that with all of my heart. It's also written in Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

God's plan is set and in motion for us all. But like Jonah, we can disobey and go our own way.

Here are four things we tend to do:

1. We tell God no. Just like Jonah in the top posted Scripture. God tells us do something, and we point blank tell Him no. We go the opposite way.

2. We do what God said, but we do it our way. This too, can stop God's plan... because even if we are doing what He said, if we aren't doing it HIS way, we aren't being obedient.

3. We do things without talking to God first. I know I have done this. We can't just jump at something and hope God will bless it later. We need to talk to Him about it first and see if it fits in His plan for us.

4. We waste time doing something we KNOW He told us to do. I did this with my book. I knew God told me to do it, but I let fear capture me. He spoke to me through many things over the months I was just sitting here... I would read things or hear speakers, and I would hear, "Yeah, remember the book I told you to put together. You aren't doing that." 

When we allow ourselves or the enemy to come in and mess up God's plans, it throws things off in our lives. I have done things when I wasn't living for God that I have to live with for the rest of my life. That was my choice.

Now that I am fully living for Him, I need to be careful to follow Him closely and do what He says. 

God will never tell you to do something that goes against His Word. So if you aren't sure that God told you do something, check the Scriptures to see.

Fully surrender to God and allow Him to work and move freely in your life. It is very liberating! 

Can you relate to any of these? Let's all agree to do better. Let's give God full control and follow His plans and His will for our lives. Are you with me?

God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment