Sunday, January 24, 2016

A Prayer For Single Parents

Proverbs 24: 3-4, "By wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established, and by knowledge the rooms are filled with precious and pleasant riches." 

I came across this Proverb a few months ago and turned it into a prayer for myself. Then, after my friend's husband passed away, I wrote out some prayer cards for her and included it.

Being a single parent is not easy. I consider single parents one's who are divorced, widowed, are just single parents, or have their spouse away, like deployment for example. 

When you are the only parent to drive your children everyone, make decisions for them, and discipline them, it can be rough. Wisdom will help.

God says in the Bible that He will give us wisdom if we ask. That's an answer to prayer that is guaranteed!

So here is how you pray this Scripture:

"Father God, thank You for giving me wisdom that will build my house. Let me have understanding that will establish our home and let knowledge fill the rooms with precious and pleasant riches."

Once again, let me tell you, this is not a "name it and claim it" thing. I don't think my house will literally have riches. The riches I want for my house are peace, calmness, and for everyone to get along!

I really enjoy turning Scripture into prayer. I think it's awesome!

I pray that all single parents everywhere will know one thing... you really aren't alone. God is there. He will be the other parent you need. He will listen, support, and help you as you navigate this rough sea called single parenthood. Trust Him. 

Pray for your children to trust Him. And realize this, God loves your children MORE than you do. He wants what's best for them too. Trust Him to do what's in their best interest, just like He is doing that for you.

Feel free to share this with any single parents you know. They might need to hear it.

In the picture below are my friends Heather and Susan. Heather's husband is away right now, so she's handling everything at her home with her two daughters. Susan is my friend who's husband passed away. We just celebrated her birthday. She's now a single mom with three children. While our situations are different, they are also similar and we are drawing strength, love, and friendship from each other. I am so grateful for them.


Heather, Susan, and Me


God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment