Thursday, November 5, 2015

What's On Your Bucket List?

Bucket lists are fun to think about. I have several things on mine that I really hope will come true. 

My friend has a bucket list for her daughter.
Tori's first time at Disney.


You might think that's cool, but, it's not. Her daughter is only 15 months old and dying. Lesa told a news reporter recently that they are focusing on life, not death with this bucket list.

My Jesus Calling devotional today reminded me of what Lesa said, "Put more interest into trusting Me and enjoying My presence. Don't let your well-being depend on your circumstances."

I don't know about you, but I would probably not be handling life like Lesa and her husband Brennan are if I were in their shoes. 

There is a disease called Krabbe that all newborns need to be tested for. If it's caught early enough, treatment is available to help, but there is no cure.

Here is a link to Tori's bucket list: http://thebrackbills.com/toris-bucket-list/

Here is a link to the news report done recently on them: Tori On The News

I do not for a minute believe that God gave Tori this disease. However, I do believe He can heal her if that's how He wants to be honored and glorified. I am praying for earthly healing every day for Tori. I want God to perform this huge miracle for all the world to see. 

If He chooses to Heavenly heal her, and bring her to be with Him, then that's what He wants. It's not to harm the people who love Tori. 

We live in a world with toxins and things that are bad for us. Sometimes we have things passed through DNA which creates health issues we never even knew existed. (Remember, I have something called Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome. I don't believe God gave it to me. It's been passed down in my DNA from my parents.)

I wanted to write this for a few reasons:

1. Please have your newborns tested for Krabbe. Or if you are past child bearing age, tell people about it. We need to get the word out so other families don't have to experience this.

2. Pray for Lesa and Brennan as they care for Tori. There are many medical things they do with and for her. It's not like caring for a healthy baby.


3. Pray for Tori to be earthly healed.

God is still in the miracle business and I'm praying for one for this family. They are awesome!

Their fall picture at a school.
Here are a few pictures: 
Tori likes giraffes. Her Team Tori stuff to pray for her has one on it.



She's so beautiful and has the biggest blue eyes.


No comments:

Post a Comment