Wednesday, November 4, 2015

What Are You Waiting On?

Today's blog post comes from my friend Kevin Buchanan. He is awesome. He wrote something called "The World Needs Your Hustle". In it, he is reminding us all that God has a plan for our lives and we need to live it out. Thankfully, I won a print of it. I have it framed in my room so I can see it as a reminder.

Kevin lives in the awesome city of Nashville, Tennessee! He is a writer, speaker, and goal coach. His message centers around the unwavering truth that your life matters. That the goals and dreams in your life are there for a reason and are meant to be lived out now! Kevin is known for his love of Target, Chick Fil A, chocolate, and all things plaid! Be sure to check out his site theworldneedsyourhustle.com to learn more about his work, coaching, and upcoming book!

Do you find yourself saying things like
One day I am going to
If things were different I would
When my life is like theirs I will

So many times we talk about life in the future tense. There’s nothing wrong with planning for the future, but too many times we fall into the trap of always thinking our life has to come later. We either let circumstances determine our outlook or we believe that we are not capable of living the life we really want now.

One thing that life has taught me over the years is that we can either sit around talking about what we wish our lives were like or we can get out there and make it happen. But the choice is ours. Rarely do we get the perfect life handed to us on a silver sparkling platter. And by rarely I mean never.

The life we want requires a conscious decision on our part to make it happen.

How do we make this happen? I want to give you a writing exercise. I am a big believer in writing things down. It gives us a strong visual to refer to often. Take a piece of paper and at the top of it write “My Next Chapter”. Then start writing. Write down everything that is involved in the kind of life you want to live. Allow yourself to dream and don’t be constrained by your current circumstances. Be as specific as you can with how you want to feel, goals and dreams you have, career goals, how it will affect others in your life, etc.

Then take that piece of paper and put it somewhere you will see on a daily basis. This is where we go from talking about it to actually doing it. The goal is to start living that life now. Find one or two smaller things on that page that you can begin doing today. Once you accomplish those, it will motivate you to do more and to believe that the life you want really is possible.

God wants what is best for each of us. No matter what we have gone through, no matter what mistakes we have made along the way - we deserve the best that life has to offer us. Don’t believe the lie that you are not good enough. Your life matters. And the life you want is possible.

I want to thank Jill for the opportunity to write for her blog. I hope that today you will begin to change the way you think. To stop dreaming of a life you hope to have one day and instead live the life you were meant to live today.

If I can help in any way, feel free to reach out!
Kevin Buchanan


My selfie with Kevin at Launch Out Conference this past June.

No comments:

Post a Comment