Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Daily Time With God


Without communication, it is very hard to have a relationship with someone.

I believe our relationship with God is the most important one we have. If you are married, yes, your spouse is super important, but honestly, God should still be first for you. Even as much as I love my children, God is still first for me. It's the right order.

God, Spouse, Children, Family, Friends

I read a devotional that reminded me of how we should be in constant communication with God, through prayer, worship and meditation.

Deuteronomy 6:5-7 says, Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up."

The GREATEST commandment is "Love the LORD your God with all of your heart, soul and strength." Jesus spoke about that in the New Testament, then He added to it..
 "Love your  neighbor as yourself."  (Mark 12: 30-31)

If you aren't spending time with someone, then you can't have a good relationship with them.

Moses told the people to talk about these commandments when they sit at home, walk on the road, lie down, and get up.

If we'd all do that, think of how much time that is with God!

Do you start off your day with prayer/ devotional/  Bible reading time? 

You should. I'm not trying to be legalistic here at all. The thing is, your day will go better if you do. You are in communication with the Creator of the Universe! It won't make your day perfect, but it will help.

You could write some Scripture you are hoping to memorize on index cards and read them on your lunch break. I don't do this, but I'm about to start. I want to have more Scripture memorized so when I need it, it's in my heart. 

Our Wednesday night teacher at church, Mrs. Laurel, she uses cards with Scriptures while she walks. It helps her memorize them.

I pray throughout the day as well. Not big long prayers or anything.

At night, before bed, I read Psalm 91 out loud and claim it for people I love. It is a very protective Scripture. 

There is no right or wrong formula. A + B doesn't always equal C with God.

He's different.

But, thinking about Him, His Word, and His ways all day will help you stay focused on Him and not the world. Or it's problems. Or your problems.

Being in communion with God is the best place to possibly be.

You will still have issues. You deal with humans all day... and your enemy wants to mess with you. That's ok, because the One who holds the Heavens and earth in His hand is listening to you, talking back to you and loving you.

Who could ask for anything more?

If you are struggling with this part of your walk, I would be happy to pray for you. Start doing whatever works for you and stick to it for 3 weeks. Usually a habit will form. God wants this type of relationship with you though, and I'm confident He will answer your prayers if you ask Him to help you create a daily time with Him.

God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment