Thursday, September 17, 2015

What are you afraid of?


Fear is a powerful thing.

It keeps people stuck. It causes anxiety.

Last night at church, my friend Natalie spoke. 
She had a great message with several reminders for us.

This Scripture, that she read a few times really rang true to my heart.

Romans 8: 15-16 says, "For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of Sonship, and by Him we cry "Abba Father". The Spirit Himself testifies with our Spirit that we are God's children."

We are adopted!

God chose us as His children, and when we asked Him into our life and gave Him full control of it, He sent us the Holy Spirit, calls us His children, and did away with fear.

There are so many bad things going on in our world today. It is easy to watch the news and become fearful. (That's why I don't watch the news.)

One thing that I have become really passionate about is praying Scripture.

If you struggle with fear, this is a great one to use. Here is an example:

"Father God, Your Word says that I was not given a spirit that makes me a slave again to fear. I have a spirit of Sonship now. You are my Father. You will testify to me through the Spirit. Thank You for doing that. Thank You for helping me not be a slave to fear ever again. In Jesus name, amen."

God loves us all so much. He doesn't like seeing us afraid of things. It's easy to do. Your flesh is weak and reality looks like things are going to be horrible.

But God promises to turn all things around for the good of those who love Him.

And thankfully, He ALWAYS keeps His promises.

If you are struggling with fear, I'd love to pray for you. Get in touch with me.

God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment