Friday, September 18, 2015

Praying Scripture

God has really been showing me just how powerful it is to pray His Word.

The Word is powerful in and of itself... but spoken out loud and in a prayer is all the more awesome!

And let me tell you.. Proverbs is so full of wisdom and awesome life application Scriptures. It's a great place to start.

I want to give you some examples....

Here is one I found for me and my children:
Proverbs 17:27 in prayer,
"Father God, Please help Blake, Andrew, Julie and myself to use knowledge that will help us use words with restraint. Help us have understanding that will keep us even tempered. Help us stay silent when we should and give us discernment to hold our tongues. In Jesus name, amen."

This one is just about God's protection:
Proverbs 18:10 in prayer,
"Father God, thank you that you name is a Strong Tower; so that when righteous men run to it they are safe. In Jesus name, amen."

Giving hope to others:
Proverbs 13:12 in prayer,
"Father God, your Word says that hope deferred makes the heart sick. Please help me never defer hope to anyone. I want to give hope. The hope that comes from you. Help me do that. In Jesus name, amen."

In the book of Matthew, Chapter 5, Jesus is giving the sermon on the mount. Starting in verse 3 are the Beatitudes. I like to claim and pray one of those for people who mourn.

It's from verse 4 "Father God, thank you that blessed are those who mourn, because you comfort them like only you can."

God is not a human that He can lie. He always keeps His promises.

So anything that you find in Scripture, that He promises, He will do...or not do. (The rainbow is a good example of a promise of something He will never do again.)

Take some time and find Scripture to pray over your life. Whatever the situation is, I'm sure you can find something that applies.

Go buy some index cards, they aren't expensive. Write your prayers out on them and pray them daily. You can even write out Scripture that you want to memorize. When you have them memorized, they will just come to your heart as you pray.

God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment