Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Storms Don't Last Forever

Can I get amen and thanks be to God for that title? Thankfully, it is the truth!

Yesterday was stormy off and on here in southwest Georgia. I have posted something similar to this before, but felt led to again.

I took a few pictures of the clouds (shocking, I know, right? LOL) because I want to point out something to you.

Behind the stormy dark/ grey clouds, the sky is still blue. The sun is still shining. The storm is lower than everything else, that's why we see it so clearly.

Life is the same way!

We all have times of stormy/ grey clouds in our lives. Bad things happen to good people often. Some times, it's just life, others it's because of the world we live in. 

This world has someone who has a goal against people. If he can get your soul so that you don't become a Christian, then he does. If do you become a Christian, then he will do everything he can to keep you away from God.

Let me give you a few promises from our Heavenly Father. First, Jesus tells us in John 16: 33, "I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble, But take heart! I have overcome the world."

Jesus is letting us know that we will have trouble/storms/grey days. But not to worry. He is with us, and He has overcome the world, so we will too.

Second, God says several times in the Old Testament that He is with us, and in Matthew, when Jesus was telling the disciples what He wanted them to do, He reminded them, "And surely, I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

I would also like to remind you that God doesn't cause bad things to happen in our lives. He gets blamed for a lot of stuff, but He never causes the bad. He also can not give you something He doesn't have. For example, God doesn't have cancer, so I don't believe He gives it to people.

These past few weeks, God has really been showing me this one passage of Scripture. I'm pretty sure He's trying to get it through my thick skull! LOL

Proverbs 3: 5 & 6 keeps coming up in my reading. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."  It's even on the picture I set as my computer background. 

Today's Jesus Calling devotional said this:

"The farther you roam along paths of unbelief, the harder it is to remember that I am with you. Anxious thoughts branch off in all directions, taking you farther and farther from awareness of My Presence. You need to voice your trust in Me frequently. This simple act of faith will keep you walking along straight paths with Me. Trust Me with all your heart, and I will make your paths straight."

Straight paths doesn't mean no storms. Straight paths mean you are trust Him, EVEN IN the storms. 

God loves you so much. He's there with every bad thing that happens in your life, and He rejoices in the good things.

Trust Him and let Him make your paths straight during the storms. The storms won't last forever. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment