Tuesday, September 8, 2015

How Do You Hear God?

Have you ever taken the Myers-Brigg's personality test? They aren't exactly a blue print of how everyone is, but they are pretty accurate. I have taken it and have started doing a learning session with my friend Paul who is trained to use these tests. His goal is to help leaders understand themselves better so they can be effective.

My goal is to be a better person and mom. I am also going to use this with my children and pray that it will help them understand each other a little better.

I used to think I was an ENFJ. That means, "Extrovert, Intuitive, Feeling, Judging" person. Each one of those isn't as bad as it sounds. LOL

I realized, with Paul's help, that I am not really Intuitive at all. I am a sensor. Which I should have realized.

I learn through my five senses. I am very in tune with them and things around me.

Yesterday, I drove out to my best friends house to get some essential oils. She lives about 20 minutes away so I decided to turn the radio off and listen for God to speak to me.

It wasn't until my trip home, while I watched a bird floating on the wind in the sky that it hit me.

I hear God through my 5 senses the most. He shows me things. Visually, things move me and remind me of Him. Like the sky and clouds.
Some of the cloud pictures I took yesterday.


Now, don't get me wrong. I hear when the Holy Spirit speaks softly to my heart too. But I think I hear Him better in ways I can see, feel, taste, and hear.

Scripture often jumps out at me when I read it too. To me, that's somewhat a visual thing.

I believe that God will speak to you in ways you can hear and understand so that you know it's Him.

How does He speak to you? I would love to hear about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment