Friday, August 28, 2015

What Lies Have You Believed?

One of the ladies in our ladies group on Facebook asked a question about what things we taught about a certain topic, and what lies we were told. I will not write about the question in specifics, but it got me thinking. 

What lies have we all believed?

I used to believe a lot of wrong things about God and myself.

I used to think that God was this big bully in the sky waiting for me to mess up. I thought He TOOK my twins from me to get me to turn to Him. What kind of loving God would do that? 

I know and believe in discipline and that He will lovingly do that like human parents do. But I should have never believed that He TOOK my babies. What took them was a health condition I didn't know I had at the time called PCOS. And the truth is, God turned it around for my good. 

I had been out of church for almost 10 years. I missed the whole youth group experience.

When I woke up from losing my twins, I felt a peace I had never experienced before. I knew that God had reached down and touched my life and that I was going to be fine. I ran back to church and never turned away.

I used to have horrible self esteem too. I believed lies about myself that I'm not worthy of things and people, or that my life would never matter.

That's so far from the truth. This physical body I'm in, with all it's alignments, don't define me! I am a daughter of the Most High King. He has a plan and purpose for my life. It's a plan to prosper me, not harm me. Plans for hope and a future.

The same is true for you.

God loves us more than any human being does or could. (Yes, that means more than your mom!) He created us, gave us this DNA, these gifts, talents, abilities and skills, so that we could live for Him and guide people to Him.

Your value comes from Him. So does mine.

That's another lie I believed... that my value came from humans. WRONG!

Jesus said He is the way, the truth, and the life. And He said that the truth will set you free.

What truth do you need deep down in your heart today?

Look for it. Repeat it. Say it out loud. Let it sink in your heart. Then go live it! 

You'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment