Thursday, August 27, 2015

Eye Witness

Have you ever been an eye witness to anything? 

I remember one year, on the way to Catalyst Conference, my friend Cheryl and I saw an accident. It was raining and a car came from a ramp too fast... it started spinning. It seemed like time slowed down, and somehow we managed to see the whole thing in slow motion.

Last night Mrs. Laurel completed her teaching on the book of John. We ended in Chapter 20 with Jesus' resurrection. She asked us if we had ever wished for a Do Over in life.. I told her that my first thought was about my favorite writer, Jon Acuff's book, Do Over. (If you are needing a do over in life, I recommend you get his book.)

Anyway, of course, we've all done something that we wished we could do over. Jesus' followers probably felt the same way. He was dead in a tomb and they thought their lives were over. They had to be totally distraught and worried about what the future would hold. I mean, if they killed Jesus, and He was innocent, they would probably kill them too just for following Him, right?

Jesus had eye witness' to His ministry, then eye witness' to His resurrection. 


Why do you think He let people see Him after?  Probably so they would believe. So they could touch Him and realize He still had a body and it was healed. 

Here are some points I'd like to share:

*When He spoke to Mary, He told her to go tell the "brothers" she saw Him. They used to be "friends or servants", now, they were brothers. This shows His transition in relationship and that God is now fully accessible to everyone. No need for a Priest.

*The disciples were locked in a room afraid. Mrs. Laurel pointed out, that we lock ourselves in rooms of fear. Jesus walked right through that locked door and said, "Peace be with you!" He can and will do the same for us.

*We get hung up on eternity, but Jesus died for every step until we enter eternity. He is with us. Don't live locked up in fear and worry. Stop worrying about what other people think, and stop worrying or fearing over your calling. (THAT was for me. I told her that last night too.)

*Jesus had scars, just like us. It means you had a wound but it healed. Scars remind you of where you came from and what God has done for you. God's grace was given to you. The scar also serves as a place of connection with others who have suffered the same thing. Then you can help others from the evidence of your struggle.

John 20: 30- 31 says, "Jesus did many other miraculous signs in the presence of His disciples, which are not recorded in this book. But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in His name."

What John wrote, he witnessed so WE could have life in Jesus name!

I feel like this blog is my eye witness to you all. I write from whatever inspires me. I feel like my calling is to share it with the world. I'm only His vessel doing what I think I'm supposed to. I'm not perfect. I make mistakes. I try not to be judgmental and critical of anyone. I want people to feel love and understand the truth.I want to encourage you in your walk with God. 

Being an eye witness means you've seen something that you will probably never forget. I think it might also mean you need to share it.

Tell me something you've witnessed. I would love to hear about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment