Saturday, August 29, 2015

The #1 Way to Do LESS but Accomplish MORE!

Let's face the truth. We live in a fallen, sinful world. It wasn't supposed to be like this, but free will caused it to be this way.

If you think about it, if we didn't have free will, God would have just created robots. What's the point in that? I guess you can have a relationship with a robot... we've seen many of recent movies about that, however, I don't feel like that's a REAL relationship.

Because we live in this world, it's ruler, our enemy, likes to cause us trouble. If you are a Christian, he can't get your soul. (Which is a great thing!) But he will do whatever he can to keep you at a distance from God.

This distance might not look like what you think...  you could be doing work FOR God. I believe our enemy's biggest tool is busyness. EVEN IF it's work for God, if you are too busy to worship, you are too busy!

I want to share this paragraph from my Jesus Calling Devotional:

"The most effective way to resist evil is to draw near Me. When you need to take action, I will guide you clearly through My Spirit and My Word. The world is so complex and overstimulating that you can easily lose your sense of direction. Doing countless unnecessary activities will dissipate your energy. When you spend time with Me, I restore your sense of direction. As you look to Me for guidance, I enable you to do less but accomplish more."

Ok so:

1. Resist evil by spending time with God.

2. He will guide you through His Word and the Holy Spirit.

3. Don't do countless unnecessary activities. They drain your energy.

4. Spending time with God restores your sense of direction.

5. Look to God for guidance so you can DO LESS but ACCOMPLISH MORE!

How awesome is that?


God loves us and wants to have an intimate relationship with us. This is why He wants us to take time to pray and read the Bible. Going to church and hanging out with other Christians helps you in life, as well.

Which part of this is hard for you to grasp? Can I pray for you about any of it? 
I would love to!



No comments:

Post a Comment