Saturday, August 1, 2015

God is ALWAYS there!

Because humans leave us, either through just leaving or death, I believe we tend to put God in that same category.. that He will leave one day too.

Not so.

Both my Jesus Calling Devotional and my 40 Days to Lasting Change book spoke on this today. (I am a few days behind on the 40 days due to being in the hospital with my son.) You know how God's timing is though? Yeah... always perfect.

Here is part of my Jesus Calling Devotional:
"Whenever you start to feel fearful or anxious, repeat this unconditional promise: 
"Nothing can separate me from Your love, Jesus."
Most of mankind's misery stems from feeling unloved. In the midst of adverse circumstances, people tend to feel that love has been withdrawn and they have been forsaken. This feeling of abandonment is often worse than the adversity itself. Be assured that I never abandon any of My children, not even temporarily. I will never leave or forsake you! My Presence watches over you continually. I have engraved you on the palms of My hands." Romans 8: 38-39, Joshua 1:5, Isaiah 49: 15-16

Day 9 in the 40 days book is titled "Redeeming The Pain". The first Scripture is "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." Psalm 34:18

Job faced one difficult situation after another. At one point, his wife even asked why he was trying to maintain his integrity..and said he should just curse God and die.

However, at the end of the book, Chapter 42: 5 Job said, "My ears had heard of you but now my eyes have seen you."

God was there the entire time and He did not cause Job's problems.

Idleman says, "In the midst of pain, Job saw God more clearly. In His disappointment, he didn't distance himself from God, he drew nearer."

Sometimes when we have pain and disappointment, we want to distance ourselves from God, but this is not a good idea.

"In 2 Corinthians 7:10 we read, "For God sometimes uses sorrow in our lives to help us turn away from sin and seek eternal life." (TLB) It doesn't say "God causes"; it says, "God uses" and He wants to use circumstances to draw you closer to Him. He is big enough and loving enough to carry you through the pain."~ Kyle Idleman

This latest issue with my son only made me draw more near to God. I was praying like his life depended on it... because it did. 

I realize that some prayers don't get answered the way we thought they would. I remember last year praying for little Max to be healed. God did not earthly heal him, but he heavenly healed him. I pray for his family every day. What I experienced with my son this week only made me sympathize with them that much more.

During hard times, we need to realize that God never leaves us. He loves us very much. He will never leave us or forsake us. Draw near to Him and let Him heal whatever you are hurting from.
Blake with his basket of snacks from our youth group.

No comments:

Post a Comment