Thursday, July 30, 2015

The Things I Learned During a Difficult Time

This week turned out to be way different from what I thought it would be.

You get to going through life and everything is somewhat the same, and kind of "easy" for the lack of a better term. Then an accident happens that changes your life.

Here is what I learned from my son's accident:

1. Teenagers think they can do anything and not get hurt. 

2. Feeling helpless when it has anything to do with your children sucks.

3. God's protection is amazing.

4. When you ask people to pray for you, they will.

5. Time can be fast or slow.

6. Death is a real part of life, but thankfully I didn't have to experience it in my own life this week. I watched someone else experience it unfortunately.

7. Something can happen in the blink of an eye and make you re-evaluate what's really important in your life.

8. Treating people the way you want to be treated is the best way to live, because when something bad happens, people want to help and be there for you.

9. God turns all things around for the good of those who love Him.

AND... the kicker....

10. If we didn't go through difficult things, we might not turn to God and let Him have our lives.

I am behind on my AHA Challenge study. I read Day 7 today. God floors me with His timing. I have to share two paragraphs with you:

"But difficult circumstances sound an alarm and give us an opportunity - an opportunity to wake up and encounter God in a deeper way than ever before. An opportunity to watch Him "Work all things together for good". An opportunity to see God move clearly and to experience His healing, redemption, and restoration on a whole new level.

This kind of thinking runs contrary to everything we see in the world around us,but it's far more real. Carrying, guiding, and healing us through our pain and difficulty is exactly the kind of work God specializes in."

I believe that things happen in our lives for different reasons. I do not believe that God CAUSES bad things to happen to us. I think He will ALLOW it though. It's not about Him being a bully and wanting us hurt. It's about life. Things happen to good people all the time. Some are life throwing hard punches, others are our own choices and the consequences of those choices.

I don't for a minute, think God was like, "Ok, Blake is on that skateboard, so I'm going to push him off." NOT HAPPENIN! God is not like that.

I think God saw Blake making a bad choice, and knew he was about to fall off that skateboard. So God protected him and let it not be as bad as it could have been.

Then, God shows up and shows out. He says, "See Jill, it's bad, but I protected him. See Jill, how many people love and care about you. See Jill, I'm here and I will get you through this."

I want to encourage you. If you are going through a difficult time. Look around you. God is there. He has people in your life for a reason. Reach out to them if you need to. He will help you through it. I promise. I would be honored to pray for you if you need it. Message me, comment, email me, text or call me. I will add you to my prayer card.


No comments:

Post a Comment