Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Before & After

Believe it or not, I still have some messages from Launch Out in June that I haven't gotten to write about. I decided to share Clay Shaver's message with you today.

If life, we tend to take a lot of "Before & After" pictures. We do this with our weight, our homes, our children, our hair, our yard, you name it, and we can before and after it.

Clay said, "There is no power in a before picture. It's the actions that take place afterwards- whether it's weight, to be debt free, etc."

Clay has a podcast he does that's called "Remodeling Clay". Here is a link to his page:
Clay's Facebook Page  Here is Clay's message on video: Clay at Launch Out

Clay said two things that stood out to me.. here is one in a Libby's doodle:
Please go to Libby's Etsy shop and check out her work. It's really fabulous! Libby's Etsy Shop

The other thing Clay said that make an impact on me is "Game plans and notes are awesome. But no one comes to the game to watch the huddle."

We need to take action in our lives.

What is something you are working on? 

Do you want a closer relationship with God? Then you've got to put time and energy into it. That means getting serious. Get up earlier so you have time to pray and read you Bible before you get your day started.

Do you want to lose weight? Then, form a plan, and put it into action.

Do you want a better relationship with the people you see daily face to face? Put your phone down and spend time with them.

Actions speak louder than words. That's just the truth of the matter. The huddle is great. Having a plan in place is awesome. But you can't just sit there and do nothing with it.

How can I help you? I'm not a life coach, but I don't mind listening or helping you form a plan.. maybe I can help point you to the right people. Or pray for you. Just let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment