Friday, June 12, 2015

Working Hard Sucks!

I just found this quote, 
"You can't have a million dollar dream with a minimum wage work ethic." ~ Author Unknown

New York Times best selling author, Jon Acuff, has a new book I have told you about called Do Over. I have it on my desk, but still have not read the darn thing. However, he sent out some emails and videos a week or so ago. He has challenged us all to a Do Summer challenge. We hash tag alot, so that's #DoSummer.

This involves picking something you want to work on; whether it be learning something new, improving a skill you already have, learning a new skill, or working on a project. Jon says taking 15 minutes a day and working towards this goal will help you. Our mind works better with a short amounts of time. (Instead of trying to sit down and do something for an hour.)

I decided to work on my book. I am pulling blog posts and putting them together to form a devotional book. This has turned out to be harder than I thought it would be. However, I am punching fear in the face and doing it anyway. The best part of it all is I have support through the other people who are doing this same challenge!

This morning, before I got out of bed, I thought about a couple of sore spots on my body. Reggie really worked us out last night. Zumba for an hour, to which we did some hard songs, then toning for 45 minutes. We used weights, as well as doing 250 ab exercises.

Being sore means I'm working muscles I don't usually work.

It also means that I am working hard. I want to be healthy. I want to put on clothes and like how they look on me.

We won't get anywhere unless we put in the work.

But hard work sucks. I know that. It's not fun. 

Keeping your focus on the goal will help you get through that. 

Colossians 3:23 says, "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not human masters."

That Scripture says it all, doesn't it?

If you don't like your boss, or if you need some motivation towards your goals... do it for God.

My book isn't about me. I am not wanting to publish it to make money. It has been a life long dream of mine to be a published writer, but I feel like God has called me to do it. I should have done it years ago, but I haven't worked on it at all.


My body is God's temple. I should have been taking care of it all along as well. Yes, it costs me $40 a month, and about 7 hours a week, but that's nothing to feel good and be healthy! Not to mention, we laugh and have so much fun at Zumba, it's good for my soul too!! They are my support group.

I think that support is also a key ingredient we all need when working hard towards something. Don't try to go it alone. Find some like minded people to support you and you support them. I promise it makes a big difference!

So, even though working hard sucks.. it's worth it! What do you need to be working on? If you want to join us in the Do Summer challenge.. go ahead! Go to Jon's site and sign up!

Jon Acuff's website

You are welcome there! And if you are local and want to come to Zumba with me...come on! I can even get you three free classes! Let's work together towards our goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment