Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Who's Watching You?

In life there are two types of people: Leaders and Followers

We can't all be leaders. There have to be followers or the leaders won't have anyone following them.

Something happened last night that really got me thinking about life.

My 17 year old son came to our kick boxing/ toning class. He has tried a Zumba song before, when he had to go to class with me...and it was not his thing.

Last night, a couple of times, he looked at me for instruction. Reggie was of course, leading the class, but he is the "pro" at it. I have been doing it awhile, and am by no means a pro, however, Blake looked at me to make sure he was doing things correctly.

It hit me. I have been his mom for 17 years and I have always been watched by him.

He values what I do. He wants to make sure he's on the right step.

I am not perfect, and I have not done everything right in my life. I hope he does not end up making the same mistakes I have made. I am thankful he sees the good too though.

Even if you aren't a parent, there has been some child in your life that has watched you.

Maybe it was a niece or nephew. Maybe you have served in the children's ministry at your church. Maybe it was just some close friend's child... even a Godchild to you. They watch you. They are learning and growing from their parents, but you are important in their life as well.

I know someone who did not raise a child, but has loved on and influenced her niece to the point that her niece attends church while her parents do not. That's a big deal to me.

As a Christian, we should always have someone who is behind us in our faith..someone who isn't quite on our level, so that we can lead them. We also need someone who is above us, and further in their walk with God so that we can follow them.

God made us for community.

I have met people who do not attend church. They have different reasons. To be a Christian, you are not required to attend church every time the doors are open, BUT it's a good idea to go and fellowship with other believers. 

Church offers you relationships, corporate worship, a message each week that you might not hear anywhere else, and a church family to love and support you. 

When you are doing the things God has called you to.. such as prayer, Bible or devotional reading, church attendance, etc. you are being a good example for someone else to watch.

This gives you the opportunity to encourage, inspire, and cheer someone on.

So, who's watching you?

And what are you showing them?

No comments:

Post a Comment