Thursday, May 21, 2015

Pain, Pain, Go Away!

This will be a personal blog post... feel free to stop reading now if you wish.

A few years ago, I had tendinitis in my right arm. It was when I was the administrative assistant at a church. I took anti-inflammatory pills to cope.

Fast forward a few years... we had a guest speaker at Providence, my church now. He prayed for everyone in the room who might have health issues. The day before, I was in pain just trying to cut a pizza that barely had a crust. I felt a warmth in my arm, but I was afraid to move around. People had been up at the front of the church and I wasn't wanting him to call me up there. LOL


BUT GOD!

I'm sitting there, and this guy says, "Who has tendinitis?" I KNEW he meant me. I had to raise my hand, because I would have been lying if I didn't. He said, "Come down here, we are going to get rid of that right now." 

It was almost like my body went on auto-pilot... before I knew what was happening, I was trying to avoid hitting legs as I walked past them to get to the isle.

When I got to the front, he said, "What is tendinitis?"  Through tears, I said, "An inflammation of muscles." He took my hand, we walked back and forth across the front of the church, and the pain went away as he prayed.

That was at least 3, if not 4 years ago.

Every now and then I have a little flare up....when that happens, I usually ask my church family for prayer and it goes away.

Just a few months ago, I had a check up. I had not had one in two years because I lost my insurance in the divorce. I found a doctor's office that does a sliding pay scale fee, so I pay based on my income. Well, the results were normal, thankfully, no cancer cells, but they saw some endometriosis cells. I will spare you the details of endometriosis.(You are welcome to look it up if you wish.)

I knew I had pain unlike I've had before..but I had no idea it could be endometriosis. 

Yesterday was horrible!

I ended up in the choir room, laying on the chairs and crying my eyes out in pain. It was so bad. It feels like someone is cutting you with a knife.

I called the doctor's office and she prescribed me some Advil on steroids, LOL, and helped. It's not a pain pill that will make me crazy, so that's great. 

After church, even though he was busy, I went to ask our Youth Pastor Josh for prayer. He has prayed for me before and I felt better, so I knew I needed to again. I told him what was going on, and he prayed. My arm started feeling better right away.

I know, this pain is NOTHING compared to what my friends the Brackbells who are taking care of baby Tori, with a diagnosis of death. Or my friend Mary Ann and her family who lost little Max last July. He was only 7. Or even cancer patients. I am not saying that my pain is any worse than anyone else. I pray daily for Tori to be healed. I pray for Mary Ann and her family's hearts to heal from Max's death. I pray for cancer patients and friends who are battling that junk.
New Picture of Tori


I just wanted to tell my story to tell you this:

GOD IS STILL IN THE HEALING BUSINESS.

Healing did not leave when Jesus went back to heaven.

I believe that reading Scripture out loud is powerful. If you are in need of healing, I am going to share a few verses with you.

Psalm 30:2, "Oh Lord my God, I called to You for help, and You healed me."

Isaiah 53: 4-5, "Surely he took up our pain  and bore our suffering, yet we considered him punished by God, stricken by him, and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions,
 he was crushed for our iniquities;the punishment that brought us peace was on him,  and by his wounds we are healed."

Psalm 147: 3, "He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds."

James 5: 16, "Therefore confess your sins to one another and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful."

1 Peter 2: 24, "He Himself bore our sins in His body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by His wounds you have been healed."


No comments:

Post a Comment