Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Have You Ever Forgotten God?

I think we have all had seasons where we can't "feel" God. Maybe you have been praying about something and nothing is happening with it. Maybe you are reading your Bible and nothing is jumping off the page at you. There could be a ton of situations I could list. 

Remember this: feelings can be deceiving.


Have you ever heard of that HALT thing? 
Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired

When you are any of these, you are at risk for misunderstanding. Our feelings are heightened by being hungry, angry, lonely or tired. We must be careful and make wise decisions instead of just taking everything at wrong.

I can promise you this. When you don't FEEL God.. it's not God who moved. 

The Bible says in Deuteronomy 31: 6, "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; He will never leave or forsake you."

Jesus told the people before He went back up to heaven, after He was resurrected, in Matthew 28: 19-20, "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

My Jesus Calling devotional book said this today, "Although My Presence is a guaranteed promise, that does not necessarily change your feelings. When you forget I am with you, you may experience loneliness or fear. It is through awareness of My Presence that Peace displaces negative feelings. Practice the discipline of walking consciously with Me through each day."

Have you ever forgotten that He was there?

I have had a couple of times where I did. I know this is going to sound weird, but my tattoo has actually helped me sometimes. When I was feeling unloved, I would look at it and was reminded that Jesus loves me. It really helped me.

If you are walking through a rough season right now... please remember that God loves you and He is there. Don't let your feelings tell you He's not.

If you need prayer, just ask. I am honored to bring your name before Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment