Monday, May 18, 2015

What Are You Passionate About?

We all have SOMETHING we are passionate about. 

It might be food, college football, horses, children, orphans, or our families.

But once you get passionate about God, you are labeled a fanatical person.

Why is that?

I have experienced this in my Christian walk. Like I have said before, my ex husband said I was "too Godly." 

Recently, someone asked what I do for a living. When I told him I am the administrative assistant at a church to the Worship Pastor, and the Media Pastor, I never heard from him again. 

I AM passionate about God, and I AM NOT going to stop that. I write from that passion. I want you all to know God's heart for you... how much He loves you. I want to bust up those old churchy ideas you have of how God is, because they simply aren't true. I also, dare to say that I am passionate about clouds. I love taking pictures and looking up at the sky when we have clouds. It just reminds me of God. 

Yesterday, the coolest thing happened.. I threw my hand out of the window of my car to get a shot of the clouds. When I pulled my hand back in, much to my surprise, I captured this:


I laughed and laughed! God has a sense of humor, doesn't He? Putting a smiley face in the clouds for me! LOL I loved it!

I do not care who you are, what you think of me, or what you say about me.

I am who I am. I love the Lord. He has done TOO MUCH awesome stuff in my life for me NOT to be passionate about Him.

Living with passion for God makes everything else fall into place.

This is what my Pastor's message was on yesterday.. and it was cool. Because I do not feel guilty about how I live. I believe it's good to love God, talk about God, and tell others about God as much as I do. I know I am not everyone's cup of tea, and that's perfectly fine. God has the people I need in my life.

Let me say this: I am NOT here to make anyone else feel guilty. If talking to me, or reading what I write makes you feel bad, know that it's not me or my intention. 

I just live like this because I don't know any other way to live.

I am FAR from perfect. I sin. I do wrong every single day. So, I pray that no one thinks I am sitting over here judging and acting like I'm better than someone else..because that is not the case.

1 Timothy 4: 7 says, “7 Have nothing to do with godless myths and old wives’ tales; rather, train yourself to be godly.”

God wants to be close with us. He wants us to be passionate about Him and what He's doing. Are you? Do you live for Him as much as you can? I hope so. It's an awesome way to live!


No comments:

Post a Comment