Friday, May 1, 2015

Who Are You Walking With?

One of my close friends has been reading Proverbs this week. We've talked about it a little. I remember last summer when I read through Proverbs. It's a great book! LOTS of really awesome nuggets of wisdom. King Solomon, who wrote the book, was one of the wisest men ever. He asked God for wisdom and God gave it.. a ton of it!

As I was looking for inspiration this morning on what to write, I decided to get my Bible out and look through Proverbs. I found something that jumped out at me.

Proverbs 13:20, "He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm."

So, my question to us is this: Who are we walking with?

Do you hang out with wise people? Other like minded Christians?

I am not saying that you have to ONLY hang out with Christians. What I'm saying is, in life, when you have a situation you need prayer or advice about, who are you walking through life with?

Let me be the first to tell you. I am not perfect. (I can hear some of my best friends saying, "AMEN" to that one. LOL) I make mistakes, sometimes daily.

I have wise people around me though. I have friends who will call me out in a second for something... even this morning, my best friend got on to me because I was somewhat judging someone's decisions in life. I don't mean to judge. I didn't mean to judge. But I am let down and disappointed by someone I love and thought a whole lot more of. 

And see, my best friend called it for what it is. Judging. She's good about that. She does not tickle my ear and tell me that I'm totally awesome and doing everything right. If she did, she wouldn't be a true friend. 

My other close friend that is reading Proverbs is the same way. She has said, "That's not your problem, stop worrying about it." 

We NEED these type of wise people in our lives. They call out our mistakes, in a loving way, and point us to God. That's what friends are for!

The groups that I am in on Facebook are also FULL of wise people. It's so nice to go in and ask for advice and get it. Knowing that they are like minded and want to help me.

I pray that I am the same type of friend to them. I want to be wise and not a fool. I know I'm still going to make mistakes, because I'm human, but I strive to make right choices and follow God's path for my life. 

Are you doing the same? Do you have wise people in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment