Thursday, April 30, 2015

Are you self-sufficient?





Well, God spoke LOUD and CLEAR to me this morning! LOL  I posted that video because it's a cute little song by Mercy Me.

My best friend sent me one of her devotionals this morning, then I opened mine.. It's in the picture, but you can't read it, so I'm going to type it up for you all. IT. IS. AWESOME.

Jesus Calling, April 30th
"When some basic need is lacking - time, energy, money- consider yourself blessed. Your very lack is an opportunity to latch onto Me in unashamed resources, you must concentrate your efforts on the present moment. This is where you are meant to live- in the present. It is the place where I always await you. Awareness of your inadequacy is a rich blessing, training you to rely wholeheartedly on Me.

The truth is that self-sufficiency is a myth perpetuated by pride and temporary success.
Health and wealth can disappear instantly, as can life itself. Rejoice in your insufficiency, knowing that MY POWER is made perfect in weakness." 

Yeah, that.

In the Bible, Paul, who wrote most of the New Testament had some type of issue. A "thorn in his flesh". Scholars have disagreed for years on what it was. Paul actually called it "a messenger from Satan" in 2 Corinthians 12: 7. He asked God to remove it 3 times. God's response was, "My Grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness." (verse 8)

WHY do we continue to think we can do this on our own?

WHY do I keep focusing on the wrong things and trying to be self-sufficient when I know that has only gotten me hurt in the past?

It's ok to be weak.

It's ok to be dependent on God.

It's ok to not know and not have it all together.

We just have to trust His plan. He has one for us.

If you are self-sufficient.. I am begging you to stop it.

Try God's provision. 

I know without a doubt, that I wouldn't be who I am today without Him and His provision.

You see, when I was left by the man who was supposed to love me til death do us part... the Man who loves my heart stepped in and rescued me. He has provided food, money, my job, that brand new car in my driveway, and much much more.

I was weak. He showed up and showed out.

Let Him do that for you too. He wants to. He loves you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment