Tuesday, May 12, 2015

What's Your Life Motto?


My best friend posted this on her Facebook page last night. She is a country girl.. loves horses, cowboy boots, and country music. I.AM.NOT.COUNTRY! (LOL)

But I saw this and I thought, that actually sounds like a couple of the 10 Commandments.

Do you remember those?

They are in Exodus 20: 2-17

The 10 Commandments List, Short Form

  1. You shall have no other gods before Me.
  2. You shall not make idols.
  3. You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.
  4. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
  5. Honor your father and your mother.
  6. You shall not murder.
  7. You shall not commit adultery.
  8. You shall not steal.
  9. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
  10. You shall not covet.                                                                                                                               
God put these in place to help us live. They are morals and values to go by. When we do these and stick to them, we are treating people right and loving God like He's asked us to.

Society in 2015 tells us "Do whatever makes you feel good." That also means to treat people however you want to. 

This is not what God wants for us. These 10 things are great and need to be lived by, but I can't help and feel like there is a little more.

Are you a person of your word? Do you do what you say you will? Do you treat people with respect, with your words and honor their time?

My church motto is "LOVE GOD, LOVE PEOPLE". That's how I chose to live. I am a person of my word. I treat people like I want to be treated. I love, care, and show compassion. Sometimes, too much. I have been walked on before, used and lied to.. all because I have a good heart. But, thankfully, it hasn't turned me cynical or cold to people yet. 

What's your life motto? I would love to hear it.


No comments:

Post a Comment