Wednesday, May 13, 2015

God's Love Is Extravagant!

Your love is extravagant music video

I love the lyrics to the song I posted, "Your love is extravagant, your friendship is intimate"

Do you know how much God loves you?

It is the only unconditional, stead fast, unfailing, never changing love you will EVER experience. 

He knew you before you were born.

The first paragraph in my Jesus Calling devotional yesterday said this:

"Learn to relate to others through My Love rather than yours. Your human love is ever so limited, full of flaws and manipulation. My loving Presence, which always unfolds you, is available to bless others as well as you. Instead of trying harder to help people through your own paltry supplies, become aware of My unlimited supply, which is accessible to you continually. Let My Love envelop your outreach to other people."

So, basically, we need to love people with God's help and in His way.


Just like sometimes we need to forgive people through Him. 

Our human brain and hearts just can't do it. We have to allow Him to.

Because see, people hurt us. If I had a dollar for every time I have been lied to, I would be a bajillionaire! I have also experienced being manipulated. I think this happens to me for two reasons. 1. I'm too nice.  2. I usually look for the good in people but that causes me to miss the bad. I need to work on that.

It's hard for me to see bad right away though. I think I do try to love people like God does. I am of the mindset that they are innocent until proven guilty.

However, God did not call me to be a door mat.

Boundaries are very important to protect yourself from people who don't live like you and who do not care how they treat others.

If you haven't let God fully love you. You need to. It's the most amazing thing I have ever experienced. 



No comments:

Post a Comment