Thursday, May 7, 2015

What is your GOD given dream?

I have not been attending Wednesday night church service regularly for a while. I have different reasons, but when I am able to go, I enjoy it. Last night our normal teacher was out, and our children's Pastor, Jason Townsend, taught a message. 
It was so awesome, I have to share it.

He asked what our God given dream was.

You know, that dream that's so big only God can do it? 
Yeah, that one.

Something was planted in your heart that only you can do. It's a gift and a purpose for you specifically.

My gift is writing.

It comes natural for me. I have never had an issue. In high school, when writing papers, I did not need an outline. 
Things just flow for me.

So, here I am writing a blog to help people understand that God loves them. However, I still have a bigger dream that I am still sitting on for whatever reason. I want to be a published author. I want to put these blog posts together to make a devotional book. But I'm not doing it for some reason. It's like I have a block up or something. I'm not sure.

What gift is in you? What dream is in your heart?

Jason said that he heard a fact that 80% of the "church" doesn't know what their gift or purpose in life is. He said, "God has more for you than your 9-5."

Jason said, "God values people the most." A God dream will end up helping people. 
It's not about us. The message is more important than the messenger. Whatever you have to say, needs to be said. So, ask God what your dream is. Ask Him to help you follow through with it and do whatever you can to further His Kingdom with your gifts and talents.

1 Corinthians 1: 17 from the Message says it this way, "17 God didn’t send me out to collect a following for myself, but to preach the Message of what He has done, collecting a following for Him. And He didn’t send me to do it with a lot of fancy rhetoric of my own, lest the powerful action at the center—Christ on the Cross—be trivialized into mere words."

I love this quote from Jason, "The dream is free, but the hustle is sold separately."

Top three points here:
1. Guard your dreams from other people's disbelief. 

2. Guard your dream from distraction and busyness.

3. Don't be so worried about how the dream is going to happen that you miss the dream.

Here is something else you need: SUPPORT and help to follow your dream.

Surround yourself with people who believe in what God has called you to do.

I have close friends and a whole bunch of other people in groups on Facebook.

Dreamers and Builders and 30 Days of Hustle are full of amazing people! They encourage each other daily in our dreams or hustles. Look for people like this. Search Facebook for groups to help you. I am sure they are out there.

Follow your God given dream! You will be glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment