Friday, May 15, 2015

Compartmentalized Christianity


Have you ever seen that book titled, "Men are like waffles, women are like spaghetti"?
I haven't read it all, but I believe it's a good comparison to how men and women are with life issues. Men tend to compartmentalize things in their brains while women have everything touching and all balled together.

I'm might step on a few toes here, but I think this needs to be said.

There is a phenomena in the Christian community called "Compartmentalized Christianity".

Let me explain:

Some people tend to live their lives like those waffles pictured.

One square has their home life.
Another square has their work life.
Still another square has their Christian life.

This is not the right way to live. 

Praising God on social media, while you are living a lifestyle that He wouldn't approve of is not right. Thanking God for blessings is the right thing to do, but if you are stealing money from your job... that's wrong. If you are verbally abusing your own children, but paying for a Compassion International child to have food, that's not cool.

If you are a sold out, Bible believing, God loving Christian, you will live it out 
EVERY SINGLE DAY of your life and in every way.

Please know this.. I am NOT talking about perfectionism. Or legalism.

I am saying that if God is not a part of every single part of your life...something is off. You can't put Him in a box and take Him out when it looks good, sounds good, or feels good. 
It's a lifestyle. Being a Christian should be, well, who you are.

I hope this sparks some conversation.. and I hope you don't think I'm being a bully. 
It's something I just think needs to be talked about.

I welcome all, questions, comments and snide remarks. (LOL)


No comments:

Post a Comment