Sunday, May 10, 2015

Celebrate Women Today!

Today is Mother's Day. I have no idea who came up with the idea to take a day in May and celebrate Mom's, but we do it.
Me & My mom when I was 4.

However, today is a very hard day for some.

There are women who gave up babies to adoption.

There are women who had miscarriages.

There are women who had children who passed away.

There are women who had abortions.

There are women who have never had children at all.

Then, there are the people, men too, whose mom is in heaven and today is just a reminder that she's not here anymore.

Can I just say something?

If you had a baby and gave it away, if you had a miscarriage, or if you had an abortion.. you are still a mom! You just do not have your child with you.

If you have never had a child at all... I am willing to bet that you have been involved in some children's lives some sort of way. Maybe nieces and nephews, cousins or friend's children. Maybe even through church.  You have influenced and impacted children and made a difference... that's very motherly.

I hope you know this one fact: God loves you.

I do not believe that God causes miscarriages. I have had two myself. Sometimes things just happen, other times, like in my case, I have a medical condition that caused mine.

God promises in Romans 8:28, "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose."

God works things out for our good!

No comments:

Post a Comment