Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Time for a Refocus

This week is Holy Week.

Jesus was still doing miracles and ministry even up to the night He was taken by the angry mob of people with swords and clubs.

This week, and honestly, every day, we should be focused on Him.

I know I get unfocused. 

I did yesterday.

I am not a selfish person by nature, but sometimes, I get tired of the way things are, and just wish they were different. And, sometimes, things aren't happening when and how I thought they should/ would. See, I am just as human as you.

Part of my Jesus Calling devotional said this today:

"Talk with Me about every aspect of your day, including your feelings. Remember that your ultimate goal is not to control or fix everything around you; it is to keep you communing with Me. A successful day is one in which you have stayed in touch with Me, even if many things remain undone at the end of the day."

God wants to be our focus.

He wants the be the center of our lives and all that we do.

He loves us so much, that He sent His Son to die on a cross for a debt that we couldn't pay.

He deserves our time, attention, and devotion. He has a plan for our lives, and if we keep going off on a our own, we are just putting up road blocks to His plan.

One problem is that we think we need to have our "ducks in a row", BEFORE we can come to God. That is simply not the case. He wants us as we are... all beat up bruised and bleeding from what the world has done to us. He knows our hearts. He knows everything that has happened in our life, He just wants to be our guide and to love us.

Will you let Him this Easter?

Will you stop trying to control your own destiny and trust it to Him?

It's a process. It doesn't happen over night. But it is so worth it! 

What can I do to help you? I will pray for you and whatever else you need.

Living FOR God is much better than living with just knowledge of Him.
You don't have to have your ducks in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment