Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Trusting When You Can't See

How many people do you trust? Two? Maybe four?

Trust is such a small but heavy word.

Trust is defined as "reliance on the integrity, strength, ability, surety, or a person or thing; confidence. Confident expectation of something; hope."

So, when we trust, we are putting our "hope" in that person or thing, right?

Why is it so easy for us to trust a total stranger sometimes, and not the people who love us the most? 

For example: have you ever been trying to turn, but the traffic was backed up in the lanes next to you? Then, when there was a break, one of those drivers waved you on to go? What did you do? You went. Trusting that this total stranger wasn't about to cause you to crash. You knew that they could see the other traffic better than you could. Your view point was skewed.

Shouldn't trusting God be similar?

We can't physically see Him. But He's there. He can see much much more than we can. He knows our future and our past. He knows the plans He has for us. Don't we trust that the sun will come up the next morning, after it's gone down? 


So why is it so hard for some people to trust Him? Is it the fact that we can't see Him?

Sometimes with God, we have to look backwards. What I mean is, if you remember all that He has done for you, it helps you trust Him in the now times.

I know, without a doubt, that I would not be where I am today without Him. He has placed people in my life at the right time for the right reasons. He has provided for me when I know it was Him. He has answered prayers, sometimes in weird ways, but hey, I trust Him, so I will take it! LOL

God loves us so very very much. I know that's hard for some people to understand. They think, "If He loves me so much, why do bad things keep happening to me?" Here is my answer to that question.. we live in a fallen sinful world. God created us to love us. But sin got in and men fell into it. So, God had to come use Plan B. Our lives will have ups and downs, even as Christians. The one steady thing that remains is His constant love and provision. 

Part of my Jesus Calling devotional yesterday says this, "I am taking care of you. Trust Me at all times. Trust Me in all circumstances. Trust Me with all your heart. When you are weary and everything seems to be going wrong, you can still utter these four words, "I trust You, Jesus." By doing so, you release matters into My control, and you fall back into the security of My everlasting arms."

Why do we struggle with trusting Him?

He's got you. Let go!

No comments:

Post a Comment