Monday, March 30, 2015

Time to De-Clutter!

It's that time of year when people starting spring cleaning their homes. I know I need to. I actually need to have a "come over and help me rip out my carpet" party as well. I wonder how many volunteers I could get to help? LOL

My Jesus Callling Devotional yesterday smacked me right in the head. I need to share it.

"Stop trying to work things out before their times have come. Accept the limitations of living one day at a time. When something comes to your attention, ask Me whether or not it is part of today's agenda. If it isn't, release it into My care and go on about today's duties. When you follow this practice, there will be a beautiful simplicity about your life: a time for everything, and everything in its time.

A life lived close to Me is not complicated or cluttered. When your focus is on My Presence, many things that one troubled you lose their power over you. Though the world around you is messy and confusing, remember that I have overcome the world. I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace."


Our lives can get complicated and cluttered. I think specifically, we do this in our minds. We allow junk in there every single day. We focus on the wrong stuff. We get caught up in what we don't have, how bad we have been treated, or the negative stuff going on... when in reality, we should be thinking of our blessings and everything that God has done for us.

God is a God of order. 

He is not about chaos or confusion.

Walking closely with Him makes a difference. Allow Him to see us through each and every day is what He wants for us.

I have admitted before to the fact that I think too far ahead. I have stopped that. I am taking life one day at a time. I am trying hard to walk with God and stay focused on Him. He has everything under control.

Today starts the beginning of Holy Week. This was Jesus last week before He went to the cross to pay our debt for us. It was an emotional roller coast week for Him, I'm sure. I think we forget that. We think He was just perfect and that He can't relate to us.

That's just not true. When He was praying in the garden, He was sweating drops of blood from being stressed. He asked God to take this task from Him if it was His will. 

Let's declutter our hearts and minds and reflect this week some on what Jesus went through. God/ Jesus can relate to our every day situations. He is as close to us as the air we breathe.

Can you feel Him there?



No comments:

Post a Comment