Thursday, April 2, 2015

Liar, Liar Pants on Fire!

Dictionary.com defines "lie" as "a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth: a falsehood."

If I had a quarter for every lie that has ever been told to me, I would be a rich woman.

Lying is the quickest way to ruin a relationship.

I am an honest person. I do not lie. I have at points, especially when I was younger, but the way my life was, it was hard to do. I am an only child, if I broke the lamp, I did not have anyone to blame it on. LOL I did drink too much as a teenager. I remember being sick the next day and lying to my parents that I must have a stomach virus. I knew I was lying and I hated to do that to them, but I did. I felt bad about it. So, lying has not been something I struggle with but I have done. I am not perfect. It is just that lying is not my thing. I have been lied to so much, and hurt so much by lies, that I chose not to lie. I do not want to hurt people the way I have been hurt.

What I really don't understand is why people who claim to love you lie.

What is the point?

I suppose they aren't concerned with ruining relationships. Maybe they think they are protecting someone. I have no idea. But, lying, only makes things worse. I would much rather be hurt with the truth, than comforted with a lie.

Let me tell you... being a Christian does not mean that you won't mess up. So, understand, I am not saying someone is horrible awful and going to hell for lying. 

On the other side of that, being a Christian means that we should do our very best to live like Jesus did and not hurt other people. Not once in the Bible did Jesus hurt someone. He loved, healed, and hung out with the "sinners" of their time. 

We also need to realize that God is not a human. Numbers 23:19 says, "God is not human, that He should lie, not a human being that He should change His mind. Does He speak and then not act? Does He promise then not fulfill?"

The ONE person you can count on to not lie and to always do what He says is GOD!

If lying is something you struggle with, ask God to help you stop. He will.


If you have lied to someone, and feel bad about it, apologize to them. It will help.

If you have been lied to by someone you care about, know that God will heal your heart. It hurts. Believe me, I know all too well. I am so thankful to have a relationship with God. I don't know how people get through life without Him. He has proven Himself to love me unconditionally, to provide for mine and my kids needs, and to never leave me. Those are promises I stand firm on... and you can too!

Father God, I pray right now for everyone who has been hurt by a lie. Heal that wound. Move into the heart of the person who lied and let them be honest. Help them try to restore some form of relationship with the person they lied to. Lying is just not necessary. And it happens far too much. I pray for peace and comfort for everyone who has been lied to. We don't deserve to be lied to, ever. Thank You for always being here for us. Thank You for loving us, never leaving us, and never lying to us. In Jesus name, amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment