Monday, April 13, 2015

How I Am Learning to Love Myself

This past year has been amazing for me.

I've had ups and downs, but I can look back and see all that God has done. Let me tell you... He has blessed me more than words can say, but I'm going to try.

First of all, I have talked about my self esteem issues before. That's nothing new. However, I have thought I was doing better and really loving myself the right way.

Thanks to some close friends, I have realized that's not fully the case. I am further than I ever have been before, though.

So, how does one learn to love themselves?

1. By letting God do it. 2. By finding your value in God. 3. Loving yourself with your flaws.

I am learning things about myself.

Remembering this has helped: God made me the way I am. Just like He made you the way you are.

I am short and I have PCOS. (I don't think God gave me PCOS, I'm just saying I have it. And it causes health issues that others don't struggle with.)

Those are two things I can not change. (However, one friend of mine keeps reminding me that I can buy wedge heeled shoes and gain a few inches.)

I love the Scripture in Ephesians 2:10 because it says, "For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things He planned for us long ago."

We are all God's masterpieces. We need to realize that our value comes from HIM and not people. Once we realize this fact, life can change. Loving yourself is not wrong. You shouldn't allow conceit to come in though. There is a balance to it all. 

Loving the person God made you to be is the key! 

There have been so many things happen to me in the past year that were miracles. I can not deny God's hand in my life. If He loves me so much to bless me like He does, who I am to not love myself. And if I don't love myself, how can I expect anyone else to love me?

One miracle happened last Friday. For the first time in my life, I bought "A NEW CAR" (read that like a game show host would say it). It is my first car, with no help and it's brand new. Not used. I thought I would have to get used. 

GOD IS SO GOOD!

He has blessed me so much, and I need to wrap my tiny brain around the fact that His love never fails, never gives up and never runs out on me. My value comes from HIM.

Do you love yourself? Can you relate to my struggle? Let's get there together.
Me and my new car 2015 Ford Fusion



1 comment: