Saturday, April 11, 2015

Being Vulnerable

Yesterday I had a check up.

I do not like doctors. Doctor's offices. Or check ups.

Luckily, I was reading my friend Matthew Ham's amazing book titled, "Redefining Rich".  
(I highly recommend it.) That kept me distracted some.

Anyway, this is a new doctor's office for me. I have not been able to go to the doctor in two years due to losing insurance in my divorce. This place has a sliding pay scale fee thing..so I can go now. Yay!

I met the nurse practitioner, then, was told to undress and cover with this paper gown thing and another paper that was supposed to be like a blanket.

They were paper.

Not cloth.

I felt so exposed and vulnerable.

Dictionary.com says vulnerable means : 1. capable of or susceptible to be wounded or hurt, as by a weapon: 2. open to moral attack, criticism, temptation

Vulnerable is used when talking about relationships. People put up walls to protect themselves from getting hurt. They often say how they are afraid to be vulnerable with someone... that fear comes because they do not want to be hurt. My writings here to you all cause me to be vulnerable. I feel like this blog is another piece of my heart. I open up and tell you things about my life in hopes that it will help you.


People feel the same way about God for some reason. 

I thought about this yesterday as I sat there waiting for the nurse and doctor to come. I felt so exposed. So uncomfortable. 

God already sees everything about us. He knows the number of hairs on our head.(Luke 12:7) He knows our hearts... deep into our hearts where no one else knows. (1 Samuel 16:7)

Here is the best part... He loves us anyway!

Isn't that awesome?

No matter what you've done, thought, or said you have a Heavenly Father who loves you anyway. 

I think that's totally cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment