Friday, March 20, 2015

Under The Bridge

A month ago, Siris XM radio sent me a super deal. $20 for 5 months of service. I haven't had it in a year and a half or longer, so I took the deal.


Our city has been building this new on/off ramp thing... it already has one bridge, but they've added one or two more. I was under it on the way home yesterday, and my XM radio turned off.


It's from a satellite, you know.

The bridge blocked the signal.

Then, a thought came to my mind.

How many of our prayers get blocked and the signal is lost?

MANY, I bet.

You know what blocks them?

Doubt, fear, selfishness, unbelief... need me to go on?


We live in a fast paced, I want it all right now, microwave society.

God does not operate that way. His timeline is not our's.

He answers prayers in three ways, YES, NO, and NOT RIGHT NOW.

We have got to be willing to pray, wait, and believe in order for Him to work and move in our lives.

I mean, why even pray if you don't believe He will answer your prayer?

God knows what's best for us. He has a plan, remember? So, when we do pray and He doesn't answer like we wanted, we need to trust that... but you've got to get past the first hurtle and pray.

James 4: 2-3 says this, "2 You want what you don’t have, so you scheme and kill to get it. You are jealous of what others have, but you can’t get it, so you fight and wage war to take it away from them. Yet you don’t have what you want because you don’t ask God for it. And even when you ask, you don’t get it because your motives are all wrong—you want only what will give you pleasure."

Motive is a big deal when it comes to praying... that's another reason why our prayers might not get heard. Have you ever prayed to win the lottery? Yeah, well, I don't know that God would let that happen... BECAUSE, you are putting all of your faith in that money, and not in Him.

Jump past that hurtle. Pray without doubt, fear, unbelief and with the right motives! God will answer you. He loves you so much and wants your life to on the path He has planned for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment