Saturday, March 21, 2015

An Unexpected Journey


This picture happened one day when I was on the way back to work from lunch. I have seen the prank videos of people traveling and coming up on a semi being towed like this and the passengers being woken up and freaking out thinking they were about to wreck.

I was driving recently, at night, on a dark country road. There are no street lights in the country. Sometimes, you can't see very far ahead. Especially if there is a hill coming up.

The thought came to me about driving in the fog too. One day the fog here was so thick you could just see a little distance in front of you. That's a scary way to drive.

Isn't life like that?

We can't see tomorrow.

You can't see ahead. And yet, we drive on.

Why?

I know for me, trusting God is how I keep going.

Without Him, I am nothing. 

This life we have is not perfect. We live in a fallen sinful world.

But, we have an all knowing, all powerful, all loving Heavenly Father.

In my Jesus Calling devotional yesterday, it says this:

"I shower blessings on you daily, but sometimes you don't perceive them. When your mind is stuck on a negative focus, you see neither Me nor My gifts. In faith, thank Me for whatever is preoccupying your mind. This will clear the blockage so that you can find Me."

We get overwhelmed with the negative and the mundane, that we totally miss the awesome!

This needs to stop.

Life is an unexpected journey.

Just like Forrest's box of chocolates, "You never know what you're gonna get."

When you trust God with your life, you are better off.

It doesn't mean you will never have problems. Because you will.

It just means you've got help to get through them.

How's your journey? I'm pretty excited about mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment