Sunday, March 22, 2015

Painting The Town Pink!

Yesterday, I did something I have never done. The Albany Pink Walk. It is a walk to raise money for breast cancer research and bring awareness. 

My friends who own their new Zumba studio did some songs to warm up the crowd and entertain. It was so much fun!

A couple of my Great Aunts have passed away because of breast cancer. I even know a 28 year old young mom of two that had it a couple of years ago. There probably is not one person on this planet that doesn't have someone they love that's been affected by it.

Besides being there to support my friends, I quickly realized that there was much more to this. I was moved to see breast cancer survivors and people walking in memory of loved ones. It was almost a three mile walk. And we painted the town pink.
My friends that I Zumba with at least 3 days a week!


This is why I'm writing today:

When you know you aren't alone, you feel better.

I am not alone. Those breast cancer patients and survivors saw the support of the thousands of us walking. 

I do Zumba at least 3 days a week, sometimes 4 with this awesome bunch of people right here. I have a blood family, a church family and a Zumba family.

Without a doubt in my mind, I could call anyone from either of those families and get help with something if I needed it.

Sickness and/or depression can make you feel alone. 

Please know this.. if you feel like you don't have a human being to turn to, you have a Heavenly Father who loves you unconditionally. No matter what. He has promised to never leave us in Deuteronomy 31: 6, "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."

God is always near. He will never leave you.

I will tell you one thing... it was not an easy walk/ jog for me. But my friends kept checking on me, encouraging me, and helping me finish. I can Zumba for an hour, and kick box for 45 minutes afterwards, but walking on pavement does me in! 

God never meant for you to live life alone. We are to be in relationship with others. That's what He's called us to. If someone you know seems to be alone, do something about that. We can be there for someone easily. If you feel alone, tell someone. 

I got a free shirt.. but I did not unroll it until I got home. One of my old Sunday School teachers growing up's name is on the front, along with other survivors names. I saw her yesterday and got a hug for her.

They aren't just names. They are women who live, love, and laugh behind each name. 

I am thankful to show them my support. 

Who can you support today?



No comments:

Post a Comment