Monday, March 23, 2015

Hello, I'm Jill and I am a planner....

Sometimes in life, God gives us certain gifts and talents... however some of those gifts and talents cause us to struggle.

I will explain.

I am a planner by nature. I have planned parties, weddings, etc. I enjoy knowing ahead of time what's going to happen. I also tend to get upset when plans change at the last minute.

I know I need to go with the flow more... and sometimes I do.. it's a struggle for me though.

I believe God gifted this in me.

However, this also causes me trouble.

It causes me to not rely on Him sometimes. I feel like I need to plan things and make things work, because that's just what I do.

The other day in my Jesus Calling devotional, I got a smack down! "I do my greatest works through people with grateful, trusting hearts. Rather than planning and evaluating, practice trusting and thanking Me continually. This is a paradigm shift that will revolutionize your life."

Ouch.

I believe that I am grateful and trusting. BUT I plan and over think things ALL OF THE TIME. (Ask anyone who is close to me.)

It's time for Jill to let go of this.

I can not trust God with a few things and keep a few to myself. It just doesn't work that way.

Am I alone in this struggle? Are any of you planners and over thinkers too?

We should start praying for each other.

Remember, as I always say, God has a plan for us. It is not a plan to harm us. So why is it so hard to fully let Him move and work? 

We are holding back His blessings when we don't trust or thank Him continually. I want to revolutionize my life. Who's with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment