Thursday, March 19, 2015

The Turn Lane

Yesterday I had to make a Walmart run for water for my Worship Pastor boss. He keeps it for the choir. I loathe Walmart. I call it the $100 store...because you can't get out of there without blowing $100. On my way, I also had to do something else I dislike very much. 

TURN LEFT.

I hate turning left.(Yes, I'm serious.) 

Especially on a busy road.

My car isn't small. It's a Ford Flex.. it seats 7.

As I sat in the turn lane... I realized how cars were flying by on the right and left.. my car actually shook and moved a little with each passing car.

Then, a thought came to my mind.

Life is like sitting in the turn lane sometimes... waiting to turn.


People, places and things whiz right by you at fast speeds.

While you sit there and rock. You don't feel stable. 

Maybe you are still upset over a failed relationship, maybe it seems like life knocks you down each and every day. Something new and awful happens. I get it.

Life is hard.

But, you know what?

My safety, my foundation, if you will, was my car. As long as nothing hit me, I was good. I could rock and sway.

The same is true for life.

God is our safety and foundation. We can rest in Him and know that He has us in the palm of His hand. There is a line from a worship song I love, "The waves and wind still know His name." That's so true. God knows what's going on in your life. He cares. And He is THERE.

His promise to us is in Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

God does not cause bad things to happen to people. He has a good plan for our lives. One of hope. God can't give you something He doesn't already have. 

I think sometimes we focus on the negative. We do get hit daily by junk so that's all we see. If that's happening to you, it's time to look past it all... and look up. God is there and He is trying to help you through it. He can calm the storm.

The key is, will you let Him?

I know, you might be thinking, "Of course. I want this to end." But do you trust Him? See, we can block God. He can not listen, not trust, and not turn to Him. We just plug along in life doing everything our way then when the bad happens we wonder where God is and why He's allowing the junk.

Well, my friend, He is right there, waiting and wanting to help you. You just won't let Him. 

If you are in the turn lane, hunker down. Your Rock, Salvation, and Strong Tower has you. You just have to believe that.

No comments:

Post a Comment