Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Do You Need A Breakthrough?

My Jesus Calling devotional says this today, "I have prepared this day for you with the most tender concern and attention to detail. Instead of approaching the day as a blank page that you need to fill up, try living it in a responsive mode, being on the lookout for all that I'm doing."

I think that is a GREAT way to approach the day! Watch for God to work. 

I am guilty of trying to make things work in my own life. Have you ever done that? I am reminded of how badly that turned out for Abraham and Sarah. God promised them a baby, but when He didn't bless them by the time Sarah thought He should, she told Abraham to go have a baby with Hagar, one of the servants. So, he did. Ishamel was born. Now we have the Muslim religion because of that incident. If Sarah would have been patient and continued to pray through the promise, that wouldn't have happened. Patience is not one of my strong suits, so I understand. Waiting is not easy.

Mark Batterson wrote in Draw The Circle, "I believe there is a God in heaven who directs our steps, who prepares good words in advance, who causes all things to work together for good, who fights our battles for us! And if you pray through, there will be a breakthrough!"


Let God fight the battle for you. And by all means, don't give up praying about anything, even if you haven't gotten an answer. If you've gotten a no, it's probably time to stop praying. But, "not right now" or silence just is a sign to keep praying. It's not over until GOD says it's over!


A lot of times we give up too soon.

What is going on in your life that you need a breakthrough for? Are you fighting a battle and losing?

If you would like extra prayer... write me. I will add you to my prayer list. Tell someone you trust what's going on and let them pray for you too. There is power in prayer. It's not that we are trying to change God's mind. But it's showing that we have faith and believe that He can exceedingly and abundantly more than we could ever imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment