Sunday, February 15, 2015

Waiting Sucks



It's time to refocus!

I have a Scripture on my calendar, 
Psalm 27:14,
 "Wait for the LORD, be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD."

This is 2015. We live in a fast paced world. We want everything yesterday. 

I have had seasons where I was not patient and did not wait for the Lord. Those times have brought me a little heartache and pain. It's no one's fault but my own.

There are two sentences from my Jesus Calling devotional that I want to share with you from the past two days.

"Fix your eyes on Me, the Author and Perfecter of your faith, and many difficulties on the road ahead will vanish before you reach them."

"Pry your mind away from your problems so you can focus your attention on Me. Recall that I am able to do immeasurably more than all you ask or imagine."

If you are anything like me, I can get so caught up in my problems that I get my focus off the problem solver! How silly of me!

Having patience and waiting on the Lord is not easy for me, but I can tell that it's what I need to do.

Refocusing on His goodness, grace, love, mercy, and blessings will help me stop worrying, wondering, and complaining about what I don't have.

Am I talking to anyone besides myself? 

I will tell you one thing I am a blessed woman!

I have a great family, great friends, a great church, a great job, a roof over my head, and food to eat. Not to mention, I have a Heavenly Father who provides for me and loves me like the Princess that I am.

If you are struggling like I have been, why not take some time to refocus with me? Let's nip this in the bud!

God has us in the palm of His hand, and He will be with us the whole way!


No comments:

Post a Comment